Oxfam Australia has engaged Bridging Peoples to provide strategic support in various projects for their office in Timor-Leste since 2014, to help them better understand the local context and assess their impact in that context. We have facilitated various workshops, provided community engagement training to staff and partners, undertaken applied research projects to assist with advocacy and program development, and provided strategic support for Oxfam to improve their internal structures and processes. The focus has been on supporting Oxfam to build a culture that supports good, respectful engagement with stakeholders, partners and community members.
Key support activities have included:
- Facilitated Country Strategic planning for Oxfam 2014-2019.
- Provided community engagement training for various Oxfam partners.
- Conducted an internal Gender Assessment, and a review of Oxfam’s Program structure.
- Conducted applied research on prospects for Economic Diversification in Timor-Leste.
- Conducted applied research on supporting Agriculture in Timor-Leste.
- Research: Towards Economic Diversification in Timor Leste ENGLISH TETUN
- Research: Agriculture in Timor Leste ENGLISH TETUN
“The Bridging Peoples team were flexible to an environment of changing needs, and worked with discretion, cultural sensitivity and a process to ensure people appreciated being heard. The report and recommendations were of high quality and relevance, while also being accessible and easy to read. We were very happy, and plan to work further with Bridging Peoples!”
Kathy Richards, Country Director – Timor-LesteBack to Projects List